The MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) Consortium was formed to develop a new mobile audio video interface standard for directly connecting mobile phones and other portable consumer electronics devices to high-definition televisions (HDTVs) and displays.
This adapter supports up to 1080p high-definition (HD) video and digital audio while simultaneously charging the connected device.
1. The HDTV charges the connected device.
2. Uses a single, thin cable to connect the mobile device to the HDTV.
3. 1080p uncompressed HD video.
4. 8 channel (e.g. 7.1 surround sound) uncompressed audio.
5. Supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).